The perks of having silk pillowcases for healthier hair and skin have been touted by beauty professionals for years. A pillowcase made of silk can spruce up even the most ordinary-looking pillow into something luxurious. Given their double benefits, they are more expensive than cotton or flannel covers, but worth the money.
However, purchasing a silk pillowcase without trying adequate research could be a bad idea. To make your search easy, we’ve compiled a list of the best silk pillowcases in the market you can buy online.
Best silk pillowcases top list
- Fishers Finery 25mm 100% Pure Mulberry Silk Pillowcase – Best For Every American Sleeping Beauty
- Slip Mulberry Silk Queen Pillowcase – Best for Hair and Skin
- ShopBedding Luxury Silk Pillowcase – Best in Budget
- Spaslik 100% Silk Pillowcase for Smooth Hair and Skin – Best for Travel
Please note that PillowHunters is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com
1. Fishers Finery 25mm 100% Pure Mulberry Silk Pillowcase – Best For Every American Sleeping Beauty
|Standard size||20″ x 28″|
|King size||20″ x 30″|
|Queen size||20″ x 36″|
- 100% long-strand mulberry silk (Grade 6A)
- 4” envelope enclosure
- Labeled STANDARD 100 by OEKO-TEX®
- Tested for harmful substance
- Does not stain easily
- No zipper
- Weak stitches on the seam
- Degradation of fiber upon washing
- Difficult to maintain
- Darker shades bleed color
Most people swear by Fishers Finery when it comes to reasonably-priced silk pillowcases of high quality. This product is composed of 100% pure mulberry silk, which is the highest set of standards for silk pillowcases. The 25 momme weight, suggests it is more than decent, although not ultra-luxurious.
It comes in 11 shades, including delicate neutral shades and rich warm tones, with three pillowcase sizes to fit a range of bedding. This lavish material, however, must be handled with caution. Considering its delicacy, customers are advised to dry-clean or wash with hands.
K.Albert, an amazon customer from the U.S. found this product helpful because of its price-quality ratio and recommended it to anyone suffering from hair fall or split ends. Another user from the United States, Sherni, claimed this product to be luxurious and soft after using it for over 9 months and suggested the key to longevity is to hand-wash it in warm water.
Simone Surgeoner, after doing deep research found this product to be a worthwhile investment at the most reasonable price. Some users suggested taking extra care of the cloth, due to its fabric.More info
2. Slip Mulberry Silk Queen Pillowcase – Best for Hair and Skin
|Queen size||20″ x 30″|
|King size||20″ x 36″|
- Anti-bed head
- Anti-sleep crease
- Proprietary SlipsilkTM fabric
- Not stain-proof
- Discoloration after heavy wash
- Weak stitches in the seam
SLIP X Alice meets Olivia by Stacey Bendet in this beautiful silk pillowcase. An iconic choice, it is made of 100 percent mulberry silk that is very comfortable and stylish to sleep on. It is available in a range of colors and designs, allowing you to effortlessly suit it back to your bed sheets or select a complementing shade for a beauty salon feel.
This silk pillowcase’s fabric is devoid of toxic elements, making it good for both you and the ecosystem. This is an excellent choice for your 8-hour beauty treatment every night. Although this pillowcase is machine-washable, dry washing or handwashing is suggested for longevity.
Eva Nemeth from the United States, an avid traveler said this is a great investment to avoid facelifts as she wakes up with smooth skin every day and saw a huge difference in her jawline after using it for a while.
Another reviewer from the U.S. Prechymama said this is the most luxurious, luscious, decadent addition to her collection. However, Patricia from the United Kingdom suggested a more white-shade color for the available options after purchasing a cream-color piece.More info
3. ShopBedding Luxury Silk Pillowcase – Best in Budget
|Standard size||20″ x 26″|
|Queen size||30″ x 20″|
|King size||36″ x 20″|
- Made of 100% pure mulberry silk fabric
- Helps regulate body temperature
- Keeps you cool in summer, and cozy in winter
- Cannot be machine-washed
- Weak back zipper
- Poor durability
This silk pillowcase is made of conventional silk fabric and offers most of its benefits, such as softness and comfort. When you shift and move during sleep, its silk weaves do not tug at your face. It also won’t entangle your hair, so you’ll wake up with no messy hair or knots. The hidden zipper clasp prevents slippage and keeps dust and viruses out of your pillow.
All these criteria are met by ShopBedding’s Luxury Pillowcase. It’s composed of 100% silk and comes in 6 different colors and designs, including light and earthy colors. You can complement your bedding or let the cushion stand out as a fun contrast to your bed.
Grandma Gail, a U.S. Amazon user found the zipper at the end seam perfect and loved the shade green. Another Barbara H. O’Neill from the United States after giving it a 5-star rating, says this is a high-quality pillowcase at a great price and is satisfied with her purchase.
Another verified customer from the U.S., Harty Schmaehl found it awesome and lightweight. However, a user named R J Carlos suggested zipper quality could get better.More info
4. Spaslik 100% Silk Pillowcase for Smooth Hair and Skin – Best for Travel
|Queen size||20″ x 30″|
|King size||20″ x 36″|
- Made of 100% Charmeuse silk
- Absorbs moisture and prevents dryness
- Degrades over time, especially after heavy wash
- Delicate and slippery
The Spasilk Silk Pillowcase is composed entirely of genuine charmeuse silk for soft hair and skin. This silk pillowcase is very smooth, enabling hair to glide across the surface without curls or clumps, it also reduces frizz in curly hair.
This pillowcase has an envelope flap closing and will remain in place all night. It’s simple to care for by machine cleaning on a gentle setting and drying for a sumptuous shine.
Available in a variety of sizes and colors. The Spasilk Silk Pillowcase is an excellent gift. Users can choose from a Queen 20″ x 30″ sheet, a Queen 2 pack, a King 20″ x 36″ sheet, or a Travel/Toddler sheet.
Once you’ve become acclimated to all of the advantages of sleeping on a silk cushion, you might want to bring it with you everywhere you go. Consider investing in a compact silk pillowcase like this one to take with you on your next road trip, flight, or camping excursion.
CB, a verified customer from the United States claims, this is her new favorite after trying satin pillowcases because of its quality and pricing. Jclee, also from the United States swore this silk pillowcase has helped reduce the frizz in her naturally curly hair and found it worth her money.
Another user from the United States, LH, stated that after using these silk pillowcases for a time, she saw a reduction in her face and eye wrinkles; she was so pleased that she re-invested in the king-size for her larger pillows. However, repeated machine wash can cause problems with durability.More info
Is It Worth Getting a Silk Pillowcase?
Anything that won’t harm your hair or face is worthwhile. Silk absorbs extremely little moisture compared to cotton, which absorbs a lot. Silk pillows are excellent for retaining moisture in your face and hair and preventing further hair damage. You’ll be less vulnerable to irritation and dry patches if your moisture stays on your skin rather than your pillowcases.
Which Silk Pillowcase Is the Best?
The Fishers Finery Pillowcase is the best silk pillowcase available on the market. It is made of long strands of Category 6A 100% genuine mulberry silk and has a momme count of 25. Its large envelope flap keeps the cushion firmly within your pillowcase. Mulberry silk has been studied and shown to reduce wrinkles, control sleep temperatures, prevent hair damage, and keep moisture.
Where Can I Buy Silk Pillowcases Online?
Customers can look for silk pillowcases on the following sites:
How Is a Silk Pillowcase Beneficial?
Here are some of the benefits of using a silk pillowcase:
- Retains moisture: Silk material is considerably superior to cotton in terms of moisture retention. The silk will not dehydrate your skin.
- Facial wrinkles: Unlike cotton, the extremely smooth silk surface helps skin to move more freely. With reduced friction on the face, there is a slew of potential beautification and anti-aging advantages. You’re preserving your face’s sensitive skin from muscle tension.
- No more frizzy hair: Silk naturally helps prevent frizz since it maintains moisture in the skin and hair. Frizz is usually caused by insufficient hydration in the hair.
- Hypoallergic Properties: Silk may also benefit your sleep because it is hypoallergenic. Silkworms continuously strive to keep predators out while spinning silk. As a result, they create a protein known as sericin. This protein is weaved into the silk and therefore repels dust mites.
How to Wash a Silk Pillowcase?
Steps to wash a silk pillowcase:
- Step 1: Read the instructions first.
- Step 2: Clean your hands properly before you start washing.
- Step 3: Flip it inside out and place it in the washing detergent if you want to power-wash your silk pillowcase. This protects the silk from harm during the washing process.
- Step 4: Place the wash bag in the washer and select the sensitive cold-water cycle. Fill your washing machine with the required dose of Silk Liquid Wash.
- Step 5: Air-dry the pillowcase when the cycle is finished, gently keeping it out of bright sunlight.
Silk pillowcases can be machine-washed, but only in cool water indoors in a delicate setting. A smart way of protecting the pillowcase against nags and pulls is by placing it in a mesh bag.
You can also clean the pillowcase by hand in cold water. Do not over-twist or dry the silk, as the fibers get weaker when soaked. Before cleaning, use a light soap and pretreat unwanted stains.
Satin or Silk: Which Is Better for Pillowcases?
Silk and satin are both excellent options for pillowcases. However, some people prefer silk because of the following reasons:
- It is breathable: No more flipping your pillow over and over to locate that cool spot.
- It is non-allergenic: Fungus, mold, mites, and allergies are inherently resistant to silk.
- No synthetic fibers: Silk is a naturally found fiber that is organic.
- Excellent for acne: It’s not a miraculous cure, but as previously said, a silk pillowcase will not collect oils and self-care product off of your skin and hair and then keep it to your face all night.
Silk or Cotton: Which Is Better for Pillowcases?
Silk is hydrophobic, which means it does not absorb water, unlike cotton. Meanwhile, it is still quite breathable. While this does not enhance the quality of your hair or skin, it keeps both moisturized. This, in turn, helps in lessening wrinkles and fine lines on your skin and leaves your hair looking sleek and smooth. Silk pillowcases are ideal for the long dry season, especially for those with sensitive skin.